What exactly is Artlist?
Artlist is a portal that licenses the use of a wide range of high-quality music (with and without lyrics) and sound effects for video and film projects. This is a critical “supply” for creators, including artists, production companies, and professional filmmakers.
Who is Artlist for?
Artlist can be used for a wide range of purposes. The platform is ideal for people who need to use music for videos on a regular basis as it has a flat-rate subscription. Artlist is mainly aimed at the following:
- Content creators
- Small agencies
- Independant filmmakers
How Does it Work?
- Artlist offers two main libraries: music and sound effects. When you sign up to any plan you get unlimited access to both of those libraries which is awesome.
- All music that you download during your time as a member comes with a universal license and lifetime usage rights that never expire. This covers commercial use, including paid and branded advertising, as well as monetization.
- As a member, you can download and use as much music as you want, though the max daily number of downloads is capped at 40 tracks.
Features of Artlist
Artlist’s user interface has three main ways to search for and discover music: Browse, Spotlight, and For You.
Browse – search Artlist’s entire library of music using various search filters
Spotlight – curated collections of music inspired by film or TV, or based on various themes.
For You – displays personal music recommendations based on your preferences.
Let’s take a deeper dive into each section to get a better sense of how to find certain music.
The main way to search for and download music on Artlist is in the Browse section. This is essentially the full library of music available to you.
Tracks are categorised by four main filters:
- Video Theme
Selecting one of those filters toggles more specific filter options that you can use to narrow your results even more.
Browse by Mood
The Mood filter presents users with tracks that evoke certain feelings and emotions.
Browse by Video Theme
If your video has a specific purpose – such as corporate use or for a travel video – the Video Theme filter can narrow down your search with various themed options.
Browse by Genre
The Genre category offers the more common music genre based search filters.
Browse by Instrument
Have a particular instrument in mind? No problem. The Instrument category provides the ability to filter tracks based on the type of instrument.
Artlist’s Spotlight section is another way to discover music on the platform. Spotlight offers music collections that are curated by Artlist staff. This section proves useful for those who use the platform frequently, as it has playlists featuring new additions to the library.
Examples of music collections in Spotlight:
- Inspired by collections
- Holiday themed playlists
- Collections curated by YouTubers, filmmakers etc
- Best of collections featuring the top tracks from a given month or year.
- Newly released music
- Music hand picked for use on specific platforms like TikTok and YouTube.
Artlist recently added a For You section to its platform that’s pretty similar to Spotify. In this section, it shows music based on your behaviour and activity.
There are four sections on the For You page:
- Top Genres – Art list recommends music for you categorised by genre.
- Picks of the week – weekly selections, trending now and music that was just released.
- Top Artists – collection of artists that are similar to ones you have picked in the past.
- Top Albums – Albums that fit your music preferences.
- So basically the more you use Art list, the better (and more personalized) the recommendations.
Artlist is a great choice for filmmakers who need constant access to music for editing. If you watch a lot of music in a year, its fixed-rate plan can be a huge value, especially compared to individually licensed tracks. So, if you’re looking for a platform with great search filters and great user experience, all with a simple purchase of an annual license, then Artlist is a great choice. Click Artlist group buy now. Thanks for visiting!