What is FreePik?
FreePik premium is an infographic software that provides a search engine of free vector designs. This tool provides users with high quality designs that feature graphic resources and exclusive illustrations that enable you to add your content that can be used in both commercial and personal projects.
Who should use for?
If you are a designer, blogger or marketer, Freepik app is a great resource that you can use to find resources and create your own creations.
Freepik Primary Offerings
Freepik offers various types of graphics that you can download and use. Here is a quick look at each of those offerings:
- Vectors are the primary offerings of Freepik. There are well over 100,000+ vectors available in 40 categories. There’s everything from animal vectors to maps, from logo templates to human silhouettes – there’s almost everything that you might need.
- You will get over 80,000 resources for free usage if you are giving proper attribution. For premium users, there are over three million premium resources that can be used without giving attribution.
- Resources reflect great design acumen of the contributors, but of course there are various resources that look poorly designed, especially in case of icons.
- Freepik also offers stock photos. Again, it is a freemium service. Some of the images you find on Freepik free, but you need to give attribution. This is where things don’t work well for many people. I, for example, don’t like to give attribution. That’s the reason why I use premium stock images or I use a service like Pixabay which doesn’t require you to give attribution. Attribution is completely optional with Pixabay.
- PSDs are one of the most important offerings of Freepik. There are PSD templates for a wide range of subjects divided over 20 categories. Mockups, emails, objects – they have a lot to offer. Yes, the collection may not be as massive as vectors and stock photos, but they still have hundreds of thousands of PSDs. To be more precise, there are over 200,000 premium PSD files.
- These PSDs are perfect for bloggers, marketing teams, editors alike. All you need to do is download a PSD, edit it to make the perfect image that you need and voila! You are done! As before some of the PSDs are free (require attribution) and others are premium (you don’t need to attribute the author).
- Stories are essentially illustrations. You can use these illustrations to meet your needs. Of course, you can edit the various elements like color, foreground, background, etc.
- What’s great is that Freepik design even allows users to animate the illustrations. Adding animations is simple and straightforward. You can add animation for the entrance or exit. You can use loop animations like heartbeat, shaking, spinning, etc.
This is also a relatively new offering from this tool that offers free editable slide templates for both Google slides and Power Point. Yes, you read it right. There are no premium offerings as of now and you can use the templates for both personal and commercial use. However, you need to provide attribution.
- This is the final product that they are offering. It is an online editor that allows you to edit the Freepik templates to your heart’s content! It is a great resource for anyone who is looking forward to create stunning visuals for online or offline use.
- There are many categories to select from including Facebook covers, Instagram posts, Flyers, Cards, Logos, Photo Collages, YouTube thumbnails, and more.
Features of FreePik
- 535,500+ resources (80,000+ every month)
- 221,500 Stock photos
- 824,500+ Premium resources
- No linking required in Selection
- Unlimited downloads (more info)
- No ads
- Browse easily with no interruptions from online advertisements
- Facilitates continuous production of conten
- Provides best quality in vector and PSD illustrations
- Use illustrations for personal or commercial use without crediting the author
- Rank your illustrations high in images and vectors free searching
Overall, Freepik is a great resource if you’re looking for high-end graphics at a low cost. Great collection and some great free and premium resources! I hope that you will find this article useful. If you still have questions about this product, you can check out Freepik review on other social media platforms. Thanks for reading!